[snip]“Louisiana’s state health department issued a warning about neti pots […]. It follows two recent deaths – a 51-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man from the ‘brain-eating amoeba’ Naegleria fowleri. It is thought the amoeba entered their brains when they used the devices. Both victims are thought to have used tap water, instead of distilled or sterilised water as recommended by the manufacturers.” [snip]
Can it be true? For ages yogis in Indian ashrams have been advising students to use the (Indian!) tap water, which apparently is just fine. Should we be concerned or is this just another blown up headline of today’s sensationalist “journalism”? Well, at least now I know that I might die within 12 days, enough time to indulge in this year’s xmas celebrations! Any thoughts (on the story, not on me passing away..)?