I’ve just come across this infographic put together by Yoga Alliance (apparently we’re all visual people nowadays, so this is just what we want) and it contains a few stunning facts:
- Drastic changes over the past few years
- There are 36.7 million U.S. yoga practitioners, up from 20.4 million in 2012 (almost double compared to just four years ago!)
- Almost 3/4 of American practitioners have been doing yoga for five (or fewer) years – what an amazing growth!
- 80 million more Americans will likely try yoga for the first time in 2016
- Students spent a whopping $16.8 billion per year on classes, gear and equipment (up from “just” $10 billion in 2012)
- And maybe the most intriguing fact: There are two people interested in becoming a yoga teacher for every one current teacher…
Handy: You can also download one-page highlights depending on your interest / who you are (student, teacher, general public, business, vendors, yoga schools…).
Here’s the infographic (or view it on the Yoga Alliance website here):
What are the trends you’ve noticed in your country or city?
Share your impressions in the comments below!
Categories: Controversial, health, Inspiration, Teaching, Trends, Yoga
thanks for sharing! and yes, I’m visual too – I scrolled past your bulleted list to read the stats in the infographic #guiltyascharged
Haha, I have to admit that I often do the same! 🙂
Reblogged this on Pack Your Mat and commented:
So excited about the high interest in yoga. Even though many get into yoga for its fitness perks, it truly is a gateway to more. The unparalleled mental and health benefits will only lead to a happier generation.
Reblogged this on schlaflosinwien.