I’ve just come across this infographic put together by Yoga Alliance (apparently we’re all visual people nowadays, so this is just what we want) and it contains a few stunning facts:
- Drastic changes over the past few years
- There are 36.7 million U.S. yoga practitioners, up from 20.4 million in 2012 (almost double compared to just four years ago!)
- Almost 3/4 of American practitioners have been doing yoga for five (or fewer) years – what an amazing growth!
- 80 million more Americans will likely try yoga for the first time in 2016
- Students spent a whopping $16.8 billion per year on classes, gear and equipment (up from “just” $10 billion in 2012)
- And maybe the most intriguing fact: There are two people interested in becoming a yoga teacher for every one current teacher…
Handy: You can also download one-page highlights depending on your interest / who you are (student, teacher, general public, business, vendors, yoga schools…).
Here’s the infographic (or view it on the Yoga Alliance website here):
What are the trends you’ve noticed in your country or city?
Share your impressions in the comments below!